Leading SAFe is a two-day course when taught in-person. Online we spread it to three or four days of four to six hours instructor-led sessions – since it is more demanding to learn online. Online we also add an additional short preparation meeting and end with a complimentary coaching session for an hour and a half.
During this course, attendees gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by using the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe) and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps
About this course
Participants in the class gain insights into mastering business agility to thrive in competitive markets. They discuss how to establish a team and technical agility and organize and re-organize around the flow of value. Attendees also learn and practice the skills to support and execute PI Planning events and coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Class participants will explore the importance of adopting a customer-centric mindset and a Design-Thinking approach to Agile Product Delivery. Learners will also understand how to implement a Lean Portfolio Management function within their enterprise.
Through our training concept, the participants will be involved in a learning process that creates insight and lasting knowledge. The training has been designed to include theory, practical exercise, dialogue, and reflection.
Register Today & Start Your Journey to exellence
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line ManagementPortfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Agilist (SA) certification exam:
- More than 5 years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- Experience in Scrum
To perform the role of a SAFe® Agilist, you should be able to:
- Lead the transformation to business agility with SAFe
- Become a Lean-Agile leader
- Understand customer needs with Design Thinking
- Enable Agile Product delivery
- Implement Lean Portfolio Management
- Thrive in the digital age with business agility
- Become a Lean-Agile leader
- Establish Team and Technical Agility
- Build solutions with Agile Product Delivery
- Explore Lean Portfolio Management
- Lead the change
- Become a Certified SAFe® Agilist
Class registration includes
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® Agilist exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
Those attendees who pass the exam will receive Scaled Agile membership for one year, access to the private member area, downloads, and invitations to special events. Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
Renewal fee: $100
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP