Facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs)—and learn how to build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach—when you become a SAFe® Release Train Engineer (RTE).
About this course
During this course, gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Release Train Engineer (RTE) in the SAFe enterprise. Through experiential learning, examine the RTE role in a Lean-Agile transformation. Learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. Explore how to prepare, plan, and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
This training is On-Line and Blended, using the latest video and collaboration tools. Everything you need on your learning journey during this training is easily accessible through our modern e-learning platform. We have very experienced SAFe teachers delivering this training using a remote-friendly approach developed in cooperation with Scaled Agile. With tailor-made sessions before and after the main sessions, we provide a premium remote learning experience.
Through our training concept, the participants will be involved in a learning process that creates insight and lasting knowledge. The training has been designed to include theory, practical exercise, dialogue, and reflection.
Register Today & Start Your Journey to exellence
- RTEs and Solution Train Engineers (STEs)
- Program and project managers
- Scrum Masters
- Leaders and managers
- Agile coaches
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs)
The following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- Have participated in at least one ART and one PI
- Hold at least one current SAFe certification
To perform the role of a SAFe® Release Train Engineer, you should be able to:
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value
- Assist with program and large solution execution
- Foster relentless improvement
- Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Develop an action plan to continue your learning journey
- Exploring the RTE Role and Responsibilities
- Applying SAFe Principles
- Organizing the ART
- Planning a Program Increment
- Executing a Program Increment
- Fostering relentless improvement
- Serving the ART
- Continuing your learning journey
Class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion upon
Attendees must attend all three days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Renewal fee: $295/year
Certifications expire one year from the date of certification is earned.
ProfessionalDevelopment Units(PDUs) and ScrumEducation Units (SEUs)
You may be eligible to apply for 20 PDUs toward your continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
You may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing your CSP through the Scrum Alliance